Texas: San Antonio Independent School District
The information presented below was developed through a survey of school districts conducted in the winter and spring of 2013.
Although accuracy was a priority, the most current information will come from contacting the new school district directly.
Tools for Making a Smooth Transition section includes suggestions for contacting school districts and sample questions to ask.
District Contact Information
- Address: 141 Lavaca, San Antonio, TX 78210
- Phone: 210-225-2406 ext 103
- Total Students: 67779
- Total Students with Disabilities ages 3-5: 600
- Total Students with Disabilities 6-21: 6029
- Number of Students with ASD: 954
- Number of Students with ID: 664
- Number of Students with E/BD: 399
Types of Educational Services Provided:
- ASD: The services list for ASD are not exclusive to that disability, and those same services or strategies may also be provided to students with other disabilities, especially ID. All decisions regarding services are made by the IEP Team based on the data and evaluations for the individual.
- ID: No response provided
- EBD: No response provided
Types of Post-Secondary Transition Services Provided:
District Access to Board Certified Behavior Analyst:
Military Installations & School Districts
Below are links to military installations and the districts that serve them. Clicking on the installation link will
take you to its Fast Facts page at Military Installations while clicking on the district link will take you to the district’s webpage.
Joint Base San Antonio (Lackland Randolph Sam Houston)