California: Barstow Unified School District
The information presented below was developed through a survey of school districts conducted in the winter and spring of 2013.
Although accuracy was a priority, the most current information will come from contacting the new school district directly.
Tools for Making a Smooth Transition section includes suggestions for contacting school districts and sample questions to ask.
District Contact Information
- Address: 551 South Avenue H, Barstow, CA 92311
- Phone: 760-225-6000 ext 6032
- Total Students: No response provided
- Total Students with Disabilities ages 3-5: No response provided
- Total Students with Disabilities 6-21: No response provided
- Number of Students with ASD: No response provided
- Number of Students with ID: No response provided
- Number of Students with E/BD: No response provided
Types of Educational Services Provided:
- ASD: Sensory Supports, Visual Supports, Computer-Aided Instruction, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Prompting, Applied Behavior Analysis
- ID: Academic Modifications, Computer-Aided Instruction, Functional Communication Strategies, Positive Behavior Supports
- EBD: Academic Modifications, Crisis Management & Intervention, Positive Behavior Supports, Social Skills Training
Types of Post-Secondary Transition Services Provided:
Preparation for Post-Secondary Education or Training (identifying opportunities, completing applications, completing financial aid applications), Functional Vocational Assessments/Career Planning
Parent education or training
District Access to Board Certified Behavior Analyst:
Military Installations & School Districts
Below are links to military installations and the districts that serve them. Clicking on the installation link will
take you to its Fast Facts page at Military Installations while clicking on the district link will take you to the district’s webpage.