States at a Glance
The table below provides a brief overview of each state's special education system and links to more information. The five categories are:
- Special Ed Info - provides the state agency responsible for special education services
- Scholarship - indicates whether the state has school choice scholarship or other financial support for families with children with special needs
- MIC3 - indicates whether state is a member of the Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission
- Parent Training/Information - lists each state's agency that provides statewide training, information and resources to families of children with special needs. Some states may have other agencies providing support to specific geographic areas. For a complete listing of all parent training and information centers, see the Parent Center directory.
- Resources - provides listing of special education resources in that state