School Liaison
79 Bastogne Ave
Fort Campbell, KY 42223

Phone 270-798-9874/0783/9215
Phone (DSN) 312-635-9874
Fax 270-798-2962
Fax (DSN) 312-635-2962

Mon - Fri 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed
Federal Holidays - closed

Email | Website Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Special Education/EIS

Early Intervention and Special Education Services

Children from Birth to 3 Years of Age

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, or IDEA, requires all states and territories to provide early intervention services to children from birth to 3 years of age who have, or are at risk for having, developmental delays. Local school districts or health departments often provide these early intervention services. The program is called different names in different areas, but it is often referred to as Part C (because Part C is the section of the law that pertains to early intervention). The national Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center provides a list of state Part C coordinators and funded programs on their website. Also, Military OneSource can assist you in identifying early intervention programs in your area. When moving, you should hand-carry copies of your child's individual family service plan and the most current evaluation reports to your new home to ensure they are not lost.

Children Between 3 and 21 Years of Age

The IDEA requires that all states and territories provide special education and related services to eligible children between the ages of 3 and 21. Each local school district has a special education director, and each school should have an individualized education program team or school-based committee that attends to students with special education needs.

The IDEA requires that if a child transfers to a different district in the same state, the receiving school must provide a free, appropriate public education, including comparable services, until the new school adopts the previously held individualized education program or develops, adopts and implements a new individualized education program. If a child transfers to another state, the receiving district must provide comparable services until the receiving district completes an evaluation and creates a new individualized education program, if appropriate.

If you are moving and your child receives special education and related services, you should hand-carry all pertinent school and medical documents, including the individualized education program and current evaluation reports. Hand-carrying these documents ensures that they are not lost and allows the new school district to begin the process as soon as you move.

Other Resources

Parent Training and Information Centers serve families and adults with special needs from birth to age 26. They assist families in getting appropriate education and services for their children, work to improve education services for all children, train and inform parents and professionals, resolve problems between families and schools or other agencies and connect those with disabilities to community resources. Find out more at the Center for Parent Information and Resources website.

Installation Specific Information

Fort Campbell Information

School Age Services (ages 3 through 21 years)

Ft. Campbell Schools provide special education services to all eligible students whose families meet the housing requirements for their children to attend a Department of Defense stateside school.

The special education population at Ft. Campbell includes all types of educational disabilities. Special education services are provided within a variety of settings to include self-contained life-skills classrooms, resource special education, speech therapy classrooms, and within the general education classrooms. Additional Related Services for individual students are determined by the nature and severity of their identified needs, including services such as Speech-Language, Occupational, and Physical Therapy when the school multi-disciplinary team (Case Study Committee) that includes the parent(s) identifies such needs. Services for students with hearing and vision needs are available from Ft. Campbell staff members

Four Year Old Preschool Program

All four year old children are eligible to attend a universal preschool program that operates in each of the elementary schools. This program is for all children who turn four years of age on or before September 1st. It is open to all eligible children whose families meet the housing eligibility requirements for their children to attend a Department of Defense stateside school. This is a half day preschool program provided at no cost to the parents.

Special Education Records

Parents of children enrolled in special education should hand-carry copies of all pertinent school and medical documents to include their children’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and current testing and evaluation reports to provide to the new school.

It is helpful if parents call the Ft. Campbell School Community office in advance of their arrival so we can plan for a smooth transition to our schools.


Special Education Director
Dr. Linda Brake,
Fort Campbell Dependent Schools

84 Texas Avenue
Fort Campbell, KY 4223-5127
Fax: 270-439-6992

Ft. Campbell EDIS

Associated Links

Find out everything you need to know about your medical benefits.

Parent Training and Information Centers
Parent training and information centers for special needs family members.

National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center
Provides a list of State Part C directors and programs.

Choosing a School for your Child - Department of Education
How to choose a school.

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Army EFMP Program
Special needs specific information

DoD Special Needs Homepage
Provides resources for meeting special needs.

Education Directory for Children with Special Needs
Provides useful practical information for families with Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline