The information presented below is a brief overview of this state's special education support system. Please contact the state education agency or follow the included links for more detailed information.
Educational definitions of disabilities
- Autism - uses autism spectrum disorder and is consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Intellectual disability - uses cognitive disability and is consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Emotional/behavioral disorder - uses emotional disability and is consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
More detailed information is available at eligibility criteria (Page 7-4).
Numbers of students with disabilities served
For the 2012 child count, Wyoming reported the following:
- Autism - 741 students, fourth highest among disability populations
- Intellectual disability - 494 students, sixth highest among disability populations
- Emotional/behavioral disorder - 644 students, fifth highest among disability populations
Support service structure
Wyoming Department of Education, Special Education monitors and supports the special education services provided by public schools.
Wyoming does not have a statewide disability task force.
Statewide disability clearinghouse
Wyoming does not have a statewide disability clearinghouse.
Disability scholarship program
Wyoming does not have a statewide disability scholarship program.
Insurance coverage for autism spectrum disorder services
Wyoming has not enacted legislation related to insurance coverage specifically for autism spectrum disorder-related services.
TRICARE-approved applied behavior analysis providers
As of May 2013, Wyoming had no supervisors (direct service providers) or tutors (assistants requiring supervision to provide services).
Parent training and information centers
The Parent Information Center is Wyoming's parent training and information center.
Secondary transition resources
Information and resources related to secondary transition in Wyoming is available at secondary transition.
Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission
Wyoming is a member of the Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission.
Special education resources
Information on resources for families is available from the local school district and the parent training and information center listed above. Additional information is provided at resources.